Digital Humanities THATCamp
(Conferences / Seminars / Lectures)
Location: Online more information...
Register to attend by January 24: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScR7567B5xAPGdlfmv2GOhRJb1qwYHDY_lLIjORZvMSc73KvQ/viewform
THATCamp (which stands for "The Humanities and Technology Camp") is a gathering where the agenda is set by attendees on the day of the event based on what people want to learn and/or share. It is an event where students, staff, and faculty from any discipline and from all skill levels learn and build together in sessions proposed, led, and voted upon by the community.
At DH@MSU THATCamp, we create space for meeting fellow members of the community in informal networking sessions, and we encourage people to share their work in impromptu discussions and workshops. There is also time for a project showcase, when community members can share very short prepared or impromptu remarks about their projects and work.
This January, we are holding THATCamp as a virtual event from 9:30AM - 3:00PM EST.
The goals of DH@MSU THATCamp are:
• To bring people back together at the beginning of the semester
• To introduce new folks to the DH community
• Build connections between community members for future collaborations, troubleshooting, and less formal interactions
Who is THATCamp for?
This is an opportunity for people, whether formally a part of the DH@MSU community or not, to gather, learn from each other, and make connections to carry forward into the academic year. We welcome:
• Members of the DH community, old and new
• Students in the MSU Digital Humanities undergraduate minor or graduate certificate, and students interested in the minor/certificate
• Humanists who are engaged in digital and computer-assisted research, teaching, and creation
• Anyone interested in exploring digital topics especially (but not exclusively) in the areas of arts, humanities, and social sciences
• Family members (kids)
This is a flexible, family- and pet-friendly event.
This event will operate under the Code of Conduct for THATCamp MSU
For more information visit https://digitalhumanities.msu.edu/thatcamp/